This is not the first time we write about this subject and will never be the last time due to the dozens of botched facelifts, liposuctions, breast implants and other procedures that come to us at Enhance Cosmetic Surgery every month.
Clinics in Mexico, Central America, Eastern Europe, or Southeast Asia and the Middle East are all marketing aggressively for Australian cosmetic surgery patients. Before you get lured into one of their cosmetic surgery vacations consider a few things:
• In many cases you won’t know who your doctor is – let alone what his credentials or track record are.
• Follow-up is non-existent or, at best, inconvenient and expensive.
• If something goes wrong, you’re on your own.
• Most Australian insurers won’t cover you for complications of cosmetic surgery performed abroad. You will pay for corrective cosmetic surgery, hospitalizations, medications, etc. out of your own pocket.
• In most of these countries, you will have no legal recourse for complications or problems.
The risks and inconveniences of cosmetic surgery tourism aren’t worth the savings. By the way, after you add in the travel expenses and lost time, the savings usually aren’t all that much for most plastic surgery procedures.